The Bedford Parent Teacher Group, in partnership with the district, coordinates and fulfills volunteer needs within our schools. Annually the PTG logs over 20,000 volunteer hours district wide. All six Bedford Schools have received the Blue Ribbon Award for volunteer excellence from New Hampshire Partners in Education for many years.
Ways You Can Help
Volunteer In The Schools – be a room parent, help make copies, assist the school nurse…
Help From Home – donate baked goods, make arts and crafts, correct Math Superstar papers…
Volunteer At After School Events – Family Fun Night/Spring Fling, Book Fair, Talent Shows, Midnight Madness…
Assist with Fundraisers – Gift Wrap Sale, Gift Card Program, Barnes and Noble Days…
Volunteer for District Wide Events – Ski and Skate Sale, Color Blast Fun Run, Principal Winter Reading Night…
Whether you donate your time or talent, the PTG and Schools appreciates all you do.
All volunteers are under the supervision of the building principal and are immediately responsible to the classroom staff member with whom the volunteer is assigned. If a volunteer has a question about school policies or procedures, it should be discussed with the appropriate school personnel and not outside the school. Volunteers should feel free to discuss concerns with the classroom teacher, principal or volunteer coordinator.
Suggested Guidelines For Volunteers
- Sign in at the office upon entering and leaving the school when volunteering.
- Wear a volunteer name tag at all times while in the building.
- Record hours on the Volunteer Time Sheet.
- Keep volunteer appointments and be prompt.
- If a volunteer appointment cannot be kept, the proper person should be notified as far in advance as possible or a replacement should be found.
- A volunteer’s work is confidential. Students should not be discussed with anyone except the appropriate school personnel.
Remember to sign in at the office and wear your name tag – Thank you!
Volunteer Forms and Contact Information
PLEASE VISIT OUR PTG FORMS PAGE UNDER FOR ACCESS TO THE VOLUNTEER SIGN UP FORM FOR YOUR SCHOOL. VOLUNTEER FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ORDER TO LEARN ABOUT AND VOLUNTEER AT OUR SCHOOLS.
Please contact the PTG Volunteer Coordinators at your school to learn more about volunteer opportunities and upcoming events!
Bedford High School: Alison Rice
Ross A. Lurgio Middle School: Deana Fassio
Memorial Elementary School: Danielle Brimblecom
Riddle Brook Elementary School: Emily Tolson