Meet the Principals – Friday, September 24, 2021 at 9:30am at BCTV
COMMUNITY EVENT LINKS:
Three Part Mental Health and Wellness Series (available on demand via BCTV):
- PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID: Parents, Kids and Mental Health (March 18th, 2021, 7pm at BHS theater) Moving through the psychological stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- PARENTS OF HIGH SCHOOLERS: A Deeper Dive – How to Best Support Your Teens’ Wellness (April 8th, 2021, 7pm at BHS theater) During COVID and Non-COVID times
- THE POSITIVE IMPACT OF COVID: How to Not Only Survive but Thrive! (May 6th, 2021, 7pm at BHS theater) A focus on resiliency, regulation and relationship
The Five Major Signs of Emotional Distress with Former NH Supreme Court Justice John Broderick (Video Jan 2017)
Back in 2017 Former Supreme Court Justice Broderick spoke to students, teachers and parents of Bedford about his own experience with mental illness in his family, the 5 signs of emotional distress and the need to change our perceptions and remove the stigma surrounding mental health. Although this video is from 2017, the message is still relevant today.
RESOURCE LINKS: Stress, Anxiety, Coping Skills and more that have been shared by our School Communities:
COVID Fatigue & The Physical Symptoms of Anxiety Lynn Lyons Podcast shared by BHS Counseling Department
Parent Resources Links Shared by PWS
PAST COMMUNITY PRESENTATIONS/SPEAKERS:
- Year In Review with the Principals: Friday, May 7th, 2021 9:30am.
- Mindfulness & Stress Management Seminar : Tuesday, January 14th 2020 7pm at McKelvie. Terri Hamilton, a Mindfulness & Stress Management Coach and former Teacher and Guidance Counselor, will be sharing her expertise. For parents of children in Grades K-6. Learn about the benefits of Mindfulness including increased focus for learning and stress management for life.
- Community Forum on the Vaping Epidemic: Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 at 7pm at RAL Media Center. Presentations by medical professionals, school administrators and law enforcement to educate and inform parents/guardians on the dangers of vaping.
- Detective Matt Fleming: Social Media A Predator’s Playground December 4th, 2018 at RAL Media Center
- Lynn Lyons: Interrupting the Worry Cycle. September 12th 2018, 6:30pm at BHS Theater Lynn Lyons Flyer
- Jessica Lahey: Understanding How to Parent So that Children Can Succeed. March 28th 2018, 7pm at BHS Theater.