The Five Major Signs of Emotional Distress with Former NH Supreme Court Justice John Broderick (Video Jan 2017)
Back in 2017 Former Supreme Court Justice Broderick spoke to students, teachers and parents of Bedford about his own experience with mental illness in his family, the 5 signs of emotional distress and the need to change our perceptions and remove the stigma surrounding mental health. Although this video is from 2017, the message is still relevant today.
RESOURCE LINKS: Stress, Anxiety, Coping Skills and more that have been shared by our school communities:
UPCOMING COMMUNITY PRESENTATIONS/SPEAKERS:
PAST COMMUNITY PRESENTATIONS/SPEAKERS:
- Community Conversation with Superintendent Fournier: Friday, September 11th, 9:30 a.m. at the SAU Building.
- Community Conversation with Superintendent Fournier: Wednesday, January 22nd, 9:30am at Bedford Town Library.
- Mindfulness & Stress Management Seminar : Terri Hamilton, a Mindfulness & Stress Management Coach and former Teacher and Guidance Counselor, will be sharing her expertise on Tuesday, January 14th 7pm, at McKelvie, for parents of children in Grades K-6. Come learn about the benefits of Mindfulness including increased focus for learning and stress management for life.
- Community Forum on the Vaping Epidemic: Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 at 7pm at Lurgio’s Media Center. Presentations by medical professionals, school administrators and law enforcement to educate and inform parents/guardians on the dangers of vaping.
- For those that couldn’t make the Vaping Event, here is a link to view the presentation… Vaping Community Forum Presentation
- Detective Matt Fleming: Social Media A Predator’s Playground December 4th, 2018 at RAL Media Center
- Lynn Lyons: Interrupting the Worry Cycle. September 12th 2018, 6:30pm at BHS Theater Lynn Lyons Flyer
- Jessica Lahey: Understanding How to Parent So that Children Can Succeed. March 28th 2018, 7pm at BHS Theater.